Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm not sure where we stand now. Sam was doing so well after his two weeks on Prednisolone. Then about 5 days after taking him off of it, his skin was the worst I've ever seen it, he started not eating as well, getting sick, and then even threw up, which is not common for him anymore. He didn't eat for about a week, and then started to feel better. His brother came down with strep throat after Sam was sick, so I'm hoping maybe just a bug?? When I weighed him at Phenix's appointment, he had not lost any weight, surprisingly. He was even a few ounces heavier. Thank goodness, too! He started eating a ton again, and I felt much better about the situation. Then on Friday morning he woke up not breathing well. I took him in to the doctor, gave him a double dose of nebulizer, and then was told to take him to the hospital because it didn't help. So we spent the day at the ER, giving treatments that weren't helping, testing for RSV which was negative, and basically not knowing what else to do. We were about to be sent to Primary Children's for admission when they finally gave him a steroid, Prednisolone again, and that worked. We could go home.

His retractions are gone, but he still sounds wheezy to me. And they could never tell me why this all happened, whether it was asthma or a virus or what. He's not eating the best anymore, but hopefully he will feel better today. The sad thing is he is back under 20 lbs. I don't know when he lost it because he ate SO much food the few days before we went to the hospital, but Friday morning he was 19 lb 11 oz. Oh well. I did have to put back some of his one piece 6-12 month clothers that were too small. At least he's getting a bit taller I guess. His skin on the other hand a sad sight. His poor thumb looks like he scraped it on concrete. And the saddest is getting ice cream at the Daily Freeze for the 4th of July and he can't have any. My poor little Sammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment