Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our first food trial.

WHEAT!

I'm so excited! It's been two months since Sam's last scope, so it was time to either scope again or just start adding a new food. I called Dr. Harnesberger, and based on Sam's 1 and 1/2 pound weight gain and seemingly good health, we decided to go ahead and start wheat, see how he does for the next couple weeks.

I have so many things I can't wait to give him....noodles, my homemade wheat bread (without feeling guilty), grilled cheese and quesedillas with his special rice vegan cheese, chicken nuggets, graham crackers, cookies, pancakes, cheerios....so many things I can make dairy and egg free and still taste normal because I can use wheat. And I don't have to worry about weird hidden gluten-clad ingredients like caramel color or modified food starch.

Here's to hoping Sam does well the next couple weeks, and to a happy kid because Sam is going to be in heaven!

1 comment: