Monday, August 16, 2010

Update #3

So I've been seeing this lady in Logan, Sharon, who is a chiropractor trained in Australia and has a masters in herbology. Her techniques are amazingly effective, and I have been seeing her for my neck and mono issues, and also high cholesterol, since January 2010. Now I have seen countless doctors, chiropractors, pain clinics, done acupuncture, phsyical therapy, medication, ANYTHING to try and help my chronic neck and shoulder pain I have dealt with for 16 years. I lack a curve in my neck, which causes the chronic muscle tension, and no one has ever been able to relieve my symptoms for longer than a few hours. No one. Ever. Until I started seeing Sharon. Her gentle way of manipulating my own body to correct itself is beyond amazing, and after making the treck up there (3 hours round-trip) for the past 8 months, I can honestly say I am a different person. My neck is so much better, and the pain so infrequent now, that I can hardly believe it. She has also had me taking supplements for my cholesterol and herbal concoctions for my mono, and I still need to get a blood test to see what effect that has had. But the fact that she fixed my neck is a miracle in itself.

I tell you this, because she also had some ideas for Sam when I went there last Thursday. She thinks food is not the root of the problem, and just smiled knowingly when I told her his numbers had doubled after the food elimination trial, like she expected that. She believes eosinophilic esophagitis is a problem from birth, in the embryo, and once the esophagus and body as a whole is healed, food will not be a problem in the future and he should be fine. She gave me Lomatium, a type of plant, to give him twice a day, and that should heal him.

It sounds too easy, but I'm willing to try it. It can't hurt at least. What if it worked? I trust Sharon immensely. She is one of the most intelligent people I know, I think with seven different degrees. And the sweetest little lady who just loves helping people feel better. She's not a quack trying to get me to buy all these supplements from her, trying to make money off me. In fact, almost everything she's had me take are supplements I bought myself from Whole Foods, or even just olive oil and lemon juice for my gall bladder. It's just alternative stuff she knows works, because she has studied and researched it for years. The Lomatium is actually being looked at in treating AIDS because it's such a powerful healer; she didn't even know how much longer it would actually be available in the alternative therapy world if modern medicine starts really using it.

So I'm going to get my blood test done, and if my cholesterol is below 200, I'm trying the Lomatium for sure. That's the plan....today....

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is awesome. Maybe she needs to make a trip to St. Louis to see me about my knee. I am thrilled to hear your neck is better. I have always hated that no one has been able to give you any answers or relief from the constant pain. And you never complain. Tell her your mom thanks her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you visit, ask her if there's anything for weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete